Friday, October 14, 2016

Fall Tour of Design Work

An exciting mix of shrubs, perennials and ornamental grasses draw guests'
eyes to a welcoming front door.


Every fall I take an afternoon to tour through neighborhoods in which I have worked. It is satisfying to see what once was bare dirt be transformed into lush lawns, flowering shrubs, and statuesque trees. Congratulations to my clients on their beautiful landscaping!
This was a renovation project where the client had too many shrubs, all of the
same size, planted too close together. I thinned the plantings, replanted 
others elsewhere, and added some much needed color to the landscape.


This client desired a low-maintenance yard, but one that still had a variety of
colors and textures. Both objectives were achieved beautifully. As these
newly planted materials grow, they will fill in nicely.

Another view of the above yard.

This client loved ornamental grasses. By planning a variety of different types
and heights, an attractive design was achieved.

A recent addition to my own backyard, this arbor swing was built by my
husband and serves as the focal point to my backyard. The colorful shrub
roses and ornamental grasses draw your eye to the swing.

No comments:

Post a Comment